Skip to content ↓

Can I still apply for financial aid if I have DACA-status or am undocumented?

Yes. MIT provides financial aid to all qualifying families regardless of an applicant’s citizenship status. Undocumented and DACA students are able to apply for financial aid as non-U.S. citizens, and we will meet 100% of your demonstrated need to meet the full cost of attending MIT, including tuition, housing, dining, books, and personal expenses.

For undocumented and DACA students, your financial aid award will only include an MIT Scholarship, which is considered a grant that does not need to be repaid. It will not include any expectation that you work⁠ or take out any loans.

Visit this page to learn more and see how to apply. And please know that we keep all information you share with us confidential.

Did you find this article helpful?

Applying for aid FAQs

See all Applying for aid questions