Skip to content ↓
Update August 17:

To learn more about MIT’s changes to the fall 2020 cost of attendance as well as the Covid-era grant, please see our 2020 financial support page and our expanded FAQ page. You can also read more about the evolving policies and other key questions related to MIT’s COVID-19 response.

What happens to my financial aid if I study abroad?

We work with undergraduate financial aid recipients to enable them to participate in study abroad options. Eligible programs must be during the fall and/or spring semester and approved for academic credit.

If you’re interested in studying abroad during an academic semester, you should work with MISTI to find a program that is an appropriate fit. Once a program has been approved, you will receive a form to be signed by us at SFS, stating that you have been counseled on how studying abroad can affect your financial aid and billing.

Did you find this article helpful?