Skip to content ↓

What happens to my financial aid if I stay at MIT for more than the standard number of semesters?

You must request additional terms of aid if you will be enrolled beyond the standard number of terms required for an undergraduate degree. The standard number of terms is eight for students who entered as first-year students, and six terms for transfer students. You must submit the extended aid form as well as all financial aid materials by February 15.

Please note: Once you complete all of your undergraduate degree requirements and have been enrolled for the standard number of terms, you no longer qualify for an MIT Scholarship or federal financial aid as an undergraduate.

Did you find this article helpful?

Financial aid FAQs

See all Financial aid questions