Skip to content ↓

How do I appeal my financial aid award decision?

We consider each financial aid application on a case-by-case basis within our general guidelines for awarding need-based financial aid. While we don’t negotiate financial aid or match another school’s offer, we’re always willing to talk with students and families who are concerned that they can’t afford MIT with their award.

If you decide you need to appeal your financial aid award, we ask that you reach out to your financial aid counselor. After this initial conversation, we may ask you to complete a supplemental form such as the Parents’ Estimated Annual Year Income Statement or the Monthly Cash Flow Statement.

Did you find this article helpful?

Financial aid FAQs

See all Financial aid questions