Our team has a specialized goal—we’re here to help current MIT students plan for their financial future.
What does planning for your financial future mean exactly? Our Financial Education counselors can help with a variety of topics and are always happy to meet!
we can help you:
- Develop a budget
- Set financial goals like saving for a new car, or getting ready to move off campus
- Balance wants vs. needs
- Develop a healthy relationship with money
- Plan for far off goals like retirement or investing
we can’t help with:
- Tax advice and filing taxes—but we do have some resources to get you started
- Specific investing advice
- Issues with your bill
- Questions about your financial aid award
Meet with us one-on-one
Interested in meeting one-on-one? If you’re a current student, you are encouraged to schedule time with us—we can meet virtually or in person.
When you fill out the form, let us know if you have specific questions or areas of financial planning that you would like to cover.
Please note that we are only able to meet with current MIT students.
To schedule an appointment, begin by selecting a location below.
Are you a member of a student organization, or staff/faculty member looking for a formal presentation? We meet with groups across campus on a range of financial education topics. Fill out the request form below, and we will get back to you!
Still have questions?
If you aren’t sure about what format or topic is best for you, we encourage you to reach out. We’re happy to talk through any questions you may have. Just email us at email@example.com!