SFS and Graduate Students

Student Financial Services only assists graduate students with student loans and Federal Work Study.

Individual academic departments provide most of the financial support for graduate students, and amounts vary significantly among disciplines.  Financial support may take the form of research assistantships, instructor and teaching assistantships, fellowships, traineeships, scholarships, grants, and/or other forms of employment such as working as a resident tutor in an undergraduate residence.