If your student account shows a credit balance, you may be entitled to a refund processed as either a paper check or as a direct deposit to your personal bank account. Before receiving your refund, you must establish a refund account in MITPAY by following the instructions below:
- Log-in to MITPAY and click on the eRefunds link in the menu bar.
- Click on the Set Up Account link to add your electronic banking information.
- Be sure to complete all the required information for your selection.
To request a refund:
If you are expecting a credit balance and want to make sure you receive the funds as soon as possible:
- Check your balance on MITPAY by reviewing Account Activity.
- You may only receive your refund after the semester starts and your anticipated credits are disbursed to your student account.
- If you have an actual credit balance, indicated by the negative balance under Term Balance on the Account Activity page on MITPAY, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-258-8600 to request that the refund be processed.
After your refund has been processed, direct deposit funds will settle in your bank account within 2-3 business days.