If your student account shows a credit balance, you may be entitled to a refund processed as either a paper check or as a direct deposit to your personal bank account. Before receiving your refund, you must enroll through Student Choice Refund in MITPAY by following the instructions below:
Student Choice Refund
- Log-in to MITPAY and click on the Student Choice Refund link in the menu to the left of the page.
- Click on the Edit Refund method link to add your preference to your profile or to change your existing refund preference.
- Once you have selected either Direct Deposit or Paper Check, be sure to complete all the required information for your selection. If you are selecting Paper Check, be sure to verify your address and make any needed address corrections to your term address in WEBSIS.
- Confirm that all information entered is correct, then click Save to agree to the terms and condition and set your refund preference.
To request a refund:
If you are expecting a credit balance and want to make sure you receive the funds as soon as possible:
- Check your daily student account activity on MITPAY.
- You may only receive your refund after the semester starts and your anticipated credits are disbursed to your student account.
- If you have an actual credit balance, indicated by the negative balance under Total Due field on your statement, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-258-8600 to request that the refund be processed.
After your refund has been processed, direct deposit funds will settle in your bank account within 2-3 business days. Checks should be received within 3-14 days.