Skip to content ↓

Update January 4: Have questions about financial aid? Check out the undergrad financial aid section of our site. Learn more about the 2020–2021 academic year by visiting our  FAQ page, financial support page for undergrads, or MIT’s COVID-19 response site.

What if the exchange rates change due to economic circumstances related to COVID-19?

If you are residing outside of the United States, and are concerned about exchange rates, please contact us after August 1, and we will review the currency changes for you.

All students can request an exchange rate review in August for the coming academic year if there’s been a substantive change since their original financial aid award. If there is a change that is 10% or higher than the rate used originally, we will adjust your award (and the award of all students from that country) for the year. If the change is less than 10% your award will stay the same.

Did you find this article helpful?