Skip to content ↓

Update March 18: Learn more about the current academic year by visiting our FAQ page, financial support page for undergrads, or MIT’s COVID-19 response site.

I’m an undergraduate student living abroad; can I do remote paid work?

Due to international tax and compliance issues, ​MIT is not able to offer paid UROPs or other hourly wage opportunities (including grading or TA positions) to undergraduate students who are not physically located in the U.S.​ You may still pursue an experiential learning opportunity for a stipend in which the funding is paid in 1–2 lump sum disbursements at the start and end of the semester. MIT is offering a paid experiential learning opportunity (up to $1,900) for every undergraduate student. For a detailed explanation on all experiential learning opportunities, please see

Did you find this article helpful?