Skip to content ↓

Update March 18: Learn more about the current academic year by visiting our FAQ page, financial support page for undergrads, or MIT’s COVID-19 response site.

I can’t live at home and I can’t live on campus. What should I do?

We understand that some students are unable to study from home due to their particular home environment. In the fall, those students were able to petition through the Student Housing Assistance Review Process (SHARP) for additional support. If you are experiencing significant hardship and believe that you absolutely cannot live at home and absolutely cannot live on campus, you should contact your financial aid counselor. Although there is no formal SHARP process for the spring, we are still working with the SHARP team to review these urgent requests.

Please note: This process is for students who are experiencing extreme hardship and not for those who would prefer to live off campus and not at home.

Did you find this article helpful?