How can I figure out how much I actually need to pay to MIT?
We know this can be confusing—so here’s a breakdown in case you want to do it yourself in advance of your August bill.
- Add together all of your actual costs/charges from MIT for the fall term: tuition, housing and meal plan (if on campus), health insurance (if you need it)
- Next, add together all of your grants and scholarships. Including the Covid-era Grant.
- Now, subtract your total grants and scholarships from your total costs/charges.
- If you have a positive number, that is what you will owe MIT.
- If the number is negative, you will receive a refund.