Loan servicers are companies that handle billing and other services on your loans. You repay your loans to your servicer. You may have more than one loan servicer if you borrowed under different loan programs.
Contacting Your Loan Servicer
- If you borrowed from MIT under the Federal Perkins Loan Program or the MIT Technology Loan Program, your loan servicer is Campus Partners.
- For all other federal loans you borrowed as an MIT student or a student elsewhere, log on to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to locate your servicer. You’ll need a PIN to access this federal student financial aid database.
- To locate your loan servicer for private loans, please contact your private lender for more information.
- Notify your loan servicer(s) every time you change your name, address, telephone number or email address.
- Consider authorizing automatic electronic monthly payments.
- Ask for help sooner rather than later. Whenever there’s something you don’t understand or if you’re having trouble making payments, talk to your MIT Loan Counselor, even if you’ve left MIT, or your loan servicer(s).
Problems with repaying
Having trouble making your payments on time? See our page on postponing or reducing payments.